You all seem to follow along with some of my randomness. Talks of urban homestead, charcuterie, salads, chickens, food preservation, and books all piqued your interest.
Top 10 Posts
- Urban Homestead 2.1 Oh, that greedy Dervaes family and their ridiculous trademark scandal. Urban Homestead, Urban Homestead, Urban Homestead.
- Charcuterie: (Salt Curing, the Apprentice Challenge) BaconPork Belly!
- The Urban Farm Handbook: Review and GiveawayThere also fantastic photographs inside
- (Urban) Homestead: A Different Kind of Critique A bit more homestead talk. In the end “I want us to get collectively angry enough that we produce a revolutionary and systemic change. A change to the systems that create injustices. As long as we are rooted in our participation of capitalism and rugged individualism we remain stuck. Stuck in a system that oppresses us all.” Power to the people!
- Got Tomatoes?
- The Fabulousness of Polish Hens. Introducing Lady Guitar, the Second
- Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking: Review and Book Giveaway
- Charcutepalooza: Brining and Corned Beef
- For the Love of Salads: Cherry Arugula Bread Salad
- A Tale of Two Chickens
In case you were wondering, my top favorite posts were:
- The above urban homestead posts and chicken posts
- Finding My Place
- The Chickens are Molting!
- No Way Tree Be: Parenting in the Face of Hurtful Language
- The Futile Fear of Failure: It is Quitting Time
- Ordinary Resistance
- Parenting Ain’t All Rainbows: The Road Trip
- Positive Power: Kicking and Dreaming.
Some of my favorite bloggers have lists (and I hope more do them. I love lists!) Local Kitchen, Crunchy Chicken, and Northwest Edible Life all have lists up. Well-Preserved has a series looking at things they learned over the year. Check them out!