I love salad, but I think you know that by now. I really love pink grapefruit. A few days ago I told you about segmenting citrus. I had planned on using the segments in a salad for a goodbye party for one of the Babylady’s teachers (wah.) After segmenting I was left with a lot of juice, so I used it to make the salad dressing.
- ~ 10 oz. spinach, washed/trimmed
- ~ 2 grapefruits, segmented
- ~ ½ red onion, chopped/sliced (whatever your preference)
- crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- salt/pepper to taste
Mix dressing ingredients in jar & shake to combine. Toss spinach in dressing and top with grapefruit, onion & feta. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt. Serve immediately.