A list of blogs, sites, etc that I enjoy! When you are done here, pop on over and check out some of these lovely people!
- 101 Cookbooks Healthy Recipe Journal
- Chef Reinvented Cooking words. Writing food. Drinking tequila.
- Chow recipes, cooking tips, resources and stories for people who love food
- Ezra Pound Cake
- Food in Jars
- Half Assed Kitchen eh, it’s edible
- Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking she is a “grant writer, half-assed domestic goddess, occasional nanny, after-hours poet, committed doodler, trash collector, big-time procrastinator, tea and toast and jam obsessed Austinite”
- Hitchhiking to Heaven She is ”a writer, prizewinning jam maker, and friend to all birds even though I can’t seem to stop eating chicken.”
- Joy the Baker
- Last Call for Corn chronicling my mad race to get the most out of what’s in season
- Local Kitchen local cooking and eating in New York’s Hudson Valley
- Mother’s Kitchen My ode to home economics
- Mrs. Wheelbarrow’s Kitchen
- Not Without Salt A collection of well seasoned recipes and photographs
- oh, briggsy just sayin’ is all
- Sassy Radish
- Smitten Kitchen
- Tartelette …on the sweet side of life…
- Tea & Cookies Food · Stories · Recipes
- The Kitchn inspiring cooks, nourishing homes
- The Yummy Mummy in the kitchen with a couple of spatula-wielding toddlers
- Tigress in a Jam a preservationist’s jam on the sweeter things in life and alchemy
- Tigress in a Pickle pursuing the proliferation of pickles and and other savory pottages
- Well Preserved food + cooking + design!
- What Julia Ate What we ate, what we are eating and what we will eat one day
GARDENING, SUSTAINABILITY & CHICKENS
- Alleycat Acres urban farming collective
- A City Chicken Farm
- Crunchy Chicken putting the mental in environmental
- Diggin Food grow.cook.eat.
- FARMcurious to educate, inspire, and equip the urban homesteader
- Sustainable Eats Did You Know They Don’t Have to Come From the Store?
- babycakes The Adventures of Two Girls and The Boy
- dig this chick a fourth generation Montanan raising kids, vegetables and the roof
MISC. and HOME, MAKING THINGS
- Apartment Therapy saving the world, one room at a time
- El Dugan I fear the suburbs. And mayonnaise. I’m a freelance writer. I have three cats. Some other stuff.
- Inder Loves Folk Art covered in dirt, drool and dog
- Not Martha
GENERAL POLITICS AND/OR CURRENT EVENTS
- Q Center blog where justice, equality, compassion and respect prevail…you are welcome here. Queering a World Class Education
- Bitch PhD
- Tenured Radical come out
SITES, GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS OR BUSINESSES I LIKE
- Civil Eats promotes critical thought about sustainable agriculture and food systems as part of building economically and socially just communities
- Community Acupuncture with Sonja affordable, effective, community supported acupuncture in Seattle
- Community Alliance for Global Justice individuals and organizations working in Seattle and the region who believe the global economy should embody the core values of social justice, environmental sustainability, democracy and self-determination
- Community Harvest of Southwest Seattle sharing from our hearts and our gardens
- Duwamish Tribe Seattle’s First People… The People of the Inside
- Food, Inc. fantastic movie exposing America’s industrialized food system and its effect on our environment, health, economy and workers’ rights.
- King Corn great documentary about 2 friends, one acre of corn and the subsidized crop that drives our fast-food nation.
- PCC Natural Markets Greater Seattle’s natural, organic grocery store
- Seattle Farm Co-op A community based project supplying urban farmers in the Seattle area
- Seattle Tilth Learn. Grow. Eat.
- irresistible fleet of bicycles join the fleet. find some land. be a greenhorn
- Urban Farm Hub (Seattle) news and information source for urban agriculture and food policy in the Puget Sound region
- UW Q Center where justice, equality, compassion and respect prevail…
- West Seattle Blog news from my neighborhood