When Briggs and I decided to do Cook the Books!, we chose to announce 4 months at a time. We want to give you plenty of time to save your pennies and buy the book. Or allow you time to request it from the library. You know how Briggs and I love our libraries! Sure, we could have given you the full year right off the bat, but we also thought a bit of suspense would be fun. And, let’s be honest, there are a lot of cookbooks out there and we hadn’t quite narrowed them all down at the beginning.
- January: Dorie Greenspan Around My French Table (book)
- February: Andrea Nguyen Asian Dumplings (book)
- March: Becky Selengut Good Fish (book)
- April: Noah and Rae Bernamoff The Mile End Cookbook (book)
Drum roll please… next up:
- May: Nigel Slater Tender (book) Gardening and cooking – swoon. I love Nigel and can’t wait to dig into this book!
- June: Susan Feniger Street Food (book) Crispy, creamy, crunchy, spicy, sticky, and sweet? Can’t wait!
- July: Maricel Presilla Gran Cocina Latina (book) Food of Latin America. Yes, please.
- August: Hoogerhyde, Walker, Gough/Bi-Rite Creamery Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones (book) (and, lest you think “ice cream all month?” Yes, ice cream all month! And, August will be the perfect month to try all the recipes you wanted to try in the January-July months that had out-of-season ingredients! See? Briggs and I are looking after you!)
I’m excited! How about you? And, anything you are hoping to see in the last 4? We have them penciled in, but I’m still curious what you think!
Hope your Good Fish month is going well – I am really challenging myself this month and look forward to hearing about your experiences. Send us a link around March 23-24th to be included in the end of the month wrap up!