I know, I know we promised you the next 4 installments of Cook the Books. Instead, we’ll give you 2. Briggs will be introducing this month’s choice any day now…but to remind you we will be using Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones full of ice cream and frozen treats from the Bi-Rite Creamery.
Then, next up:
- September Jerusalem Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi Everyone’s new favorite cookbook and full of fantastic flavors. I have been so excited to hit up this cookbook, but holding out till September when us Seattleites have reliable access to fantastic tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers. We hope you enjoy it as much as everyone else on Earth seemingly has done!
- October The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking, Marcella Hazan In October, we will be hunkering down with a classic tome and Marcella Hazan. I don’t know about you, but my attempts at Italian food is merely ok or passable. I look forward to getting down to what works and why. Plus, I adore classic cookbooks. I’m more classic than flashy and new.
So far, we have done:
- January- Around My French Table: Dinner Party and Wrap-Up
- February- Asian Dumplings: Dinner Party and Wrap-Up
- March- Good Fish: Wrap-Up
- April- The Mile End Cookbook: Dinner Party and Wrap-Up
- May- Tender: Dinner Party and Wrap-up
- June- Street Food: Wrap-Up
- July- Gran Cocina Latina: Wrap-Up
- August-Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones: Briggs will be introducing this soon but here is the book